A web journal committed to defend liberty, justice, and peace, by declaring the truth in love.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

6-7 September 2006

Hello, everyone. I hope that your days have been blessed, and full of success in what you're doing, rather than a drudgery. To those who are in unhappy circumstances, my heart goes out to you, and my prayers for you. The world is a very unhappy place these days, more so than normal, so I root for everyone's happiness.

I confess that I have been rather convicted in my heart of the need to control my anger over things in the world that disappoint or outrage me. Telling the truth, warning people about conditions in the world that are dangerous and deadly, such as Islamofascism, is not a pleasant affair. It doesn't help that I allow anger to keep me from speaking with rationality and calm reliance upon the facts of a matter.

So, I'll chat a little about things in a new way, and hope that it remains the norm for good. I have been keeping up with the statements made by U.S. President Bush about the nature of the threat of terrorism, the relationship of the war in Iraq with the war against Islamist terrorism, and the necessity for clandestine intelligence operations and clearly defined ability to detain and try terrorists seized in battle in well-secured military tribunals. I have to say that he has started to sound more like the President I admired, not the tired, frustrated, distracted man he has appeared to be lately.

I'll talk more about it tomorrow. Got to go, it's after midnight. Ciao.

---Belisarius II---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home