A web journal committed to defend liberty, justice, and peace, by declaring the truth in love.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

15 November 2006

Well, I am typing away on my new laptop, which is pretty good, but has a few bugs in it. Oh, well, it'll be worked out soon enough. I am making some significant changes, but once again I take up [proverbial] pen in hand at an ungodly hour, leaving me little time to make my thoughts in depth. However, I shall say a few things that I think I can say quickly.

I don't have time to break out the research to insert the links normally necessary to support the assertions that I am making, but I'll make them anyway, because I know that they are all over the world-wide media. I would bypass the struggle over the Democrats' appointing their new leaders to control the U.S. Senate and House (which may end sooner than people may imagine), or the choice of a new U.S. Secretary of Defense, or British Prime Minister Blair's blather over being able to negotiate with Iran, or who won "Dancing with the Stars" (Emmett Smith did). Let me get to what is the most important piece of news of all: Iran is taking over Al Qaeda. That's right, the number 3 man, whose name I will fill in later, and the only one who isn't hiding in a cave, has been situated in a mansion in Tehran, courtesy of his hosts, Ahmad Ahmadinejad and the Iranian clerical government. And he is basically beginning to be manifested as the new real battle chief of Al Qaeda, under the sponsorship of Iran. And the world is basically ignoring it. State sponsorship, under a regime that is imminently about to complete weaponizing nuclear bombs, of the two ultimate Islamic terror organizations: Hezbollah and now Al Qaeda. It is a nightmare scenario, while the world chortles about local matters and Britney Spears' divorce.

Tick, tock, tick, tock. Prepare for the holocaust. Oh, well, as Pope Urban would say, "God wills it!"

Oh, and by the way. A few months ago I backed off on some pronouncements I made about war, in relation to the diplomatic debacle in Lebanon, and the handcuffing of the noble effort by the Israeli Defense Forces (No, IDF did not lose its first war, the diplomats and Ehud Olmert just kept them from fighting it---can you say Vietnam and Iraq again?). I was confronted by some people who, for the best reasons, felt that the advocacy of war was somehow not a very Christian thing to do. Well, I have changed my mind. Advocacy of war to destroy a monstrous organization, or a tyrant with dreams of world domination, or a false religion that intends to impose its evil doctrine and way of life upon an unwilling world is not anti-Christian. In fact, it is very much Christian to resist evil, especially when done by legal authorization of legitimate civil authority operating under the democratically-preserved rule of law in a republican form of government.

Therefore, here it is. I wholeheartedly support and advocate all-out war against Islamofascism. I want the destruction of fundamentalist Islam, and the complete defeat of its supporters, through surrender or death. They have already declared war on us. It may be noble for an individual to submit to suffering or death in imitation of Christ's suffering, in order to show redemptive love for one's cruel enemies. It is despicable to refuse to support protecting one's family, community, or country from those who intend its destruction, or to ignore the fact that people in other countries will suffer such an unimaginable horror if we do nothing. Do not tell me about WMD: Saddam had them, and they were snuck into Iraq before the war. The proverbial wisdom on the story of the Iraq invasion were dead wrong. That will be borne out in its own time.

Last Tuesday's election defeat taught me one thing: Compromise and forbearance are unacceptable, and unproductive. From now on, I am a soldier in a war. Without a gun, yes. The time has passed for me to carry a gun. There will be ways for me to fight otherwise, that will make me one who sacrifices, and not be someone who sits on the sidelines, acting as a cheerleader while 18-year-olds die or are maimed by roadside bombs, or innocent children or blown to shreds by suicide bombers, or young women raped and murdered simply for refusing to wear a hijab in public. No, I will not stand idly by, comfortable in my San Diego home. I will find ways to join the fight, and I will take that promise seriously. I am in a crusade. And I repeat Pope Urban's call: "God wills it!"


--Belisarius II--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home