A web journal committed to defend liberty, justice, and peace, by declaring the truth in love.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

19 November 2006--Crossroads

Gail and I are in a place of crossroads in our own lives and plans, not of our private lives, but of our profession and of business. We have to decide whether we accept the way of compromise and appeasement with those who would engage in a "gospel" of postmodern appeasement with the spirit of the age, or if we choose to follow the way of my hero Ronald Reagan, and "fly bold colors rather than pastel shades", and confrontation with evil. We have chosen the way of confrontation, yes, we have chosen the way of war.

I am constantly made cognizant of the fact that the culture of the world is being made hostile to liberty. And that hostility is, more than anywhere else, born in the modern Western university, which I personally witness nearly every day in my home city of San Diego, which is home to two major universities and numerous smaller colleges and community colleges large and small. We are oppressed to four major philosophies that would destroy Christian-based liberty: 1) evolution in both physical and social sciences; 2) [im]moral relativism--perverting sexuality and attacking the self-discipline essential for liberty; 3) secular humanism--attacking faith in the monotheistic Biblical God; and 4) multiculturalism--which attacks the principle that the West, the long-time procreator of democracy, preserver and propagator of Christianity, is not a giver of something greater than its flaws, and is therefore disqualified from its claim that Western civilization is on balance far more positive than negative in its effect on the world, and is therefore, not a civilization worthy of being defended.

I will, therefore, change my tone. Preaching the Gospel of Christ is not possible, nor will it be successful, if it is not inextricably wrapped with the Western-yea, the American concept of liberty. It is not merely a narrow principle contained within a limited geographical area, but the recognition that America is not a mere land, but an idea---based in Christianity and its Judeo-Christian ethic.

We will be having more to say soon, and some of it, much of it, will be video. In any event, it will be a ministry intended to do one thing--to convert the universities of the world and those who are in them to Christ. I will be trusting in the power of the Holy Spirit to help me to do my part to discredit and destroy these philosophies, through persuading multitudes to renounce them. In its place I hope to build a Christianity that is easily adaptable to the new age in which we find ourselves. It will not be a religious faith, and certainly not a harsh and unreasonably rigorous one, but a liberating and humanizing one--a return to the faith as intended by Jesus and His apostles. And it will bring liberation, the only real kind.

"God wills it."

--Belisarius II--

1 Comments:

Blogger atsao said...

I would argue with you about the four points of "oppression" that you bring up, why I think sexual minorities (Gays, Fetishists) are perfectly acceptable (with the exception that their desires to not harm others or are imposed/observed by minors), that physical evolution is logical, etc.

That really has more to do with religion and Christinity, and because of such, is not really debateable. You have your beliefs, I have mine.

What I object to is your belief in the hostility of the cultures of the world. Speaking as a liberal, I often feel as though the left is not the one forcing its own ideals unto the right, but instead the right constantly telling me how to live my life lest I burn in hell in eternity for something like pre-marital sex.

I'd love for you to expand on your perceived hostilities from other cultures or the left. I don't respond to these posts to be a prick or try to needle you, but as you are probably confused and angered by the motives of those whose ideals I share, I feel the same bewilderment of the right.

6:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home