A web journal committed to defend liberty, justice, and peace, by declaring the truth in love.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

25 January 2007--A.M.

Well, here I am, back again. Am not interested in trying to justify my absence, I owe no one anything.

Yes, I am angry. I am angry that anywhere from 60-65 percent of my fellow Americans are against our country's effort in Iraq. For that matter, too many seem willing to just quit the whole show, to leave the Middle East to complete chaos, allowing the creation of a terrorist narco-terrorism state like Somalia, and a wider Sunni-Shiite regional bloodbath. But then, the worldwide left in general, and American liberalism in particular, do not care AT ALL!! They would rather see my country and Western civilization in general reduced to less than the Stone Age, rather than give George Bush the satisfaction of being successful, even if that means disaster for the country and world.

But, that is typical of the Left. They glory in the horror they created in Vietnam, and they now satisfied with the killing fields of Cambodia or the boat people of Vietnam. Well, I will beat my little tommy-tom for freedom and truth. More to come later. I need some sleep.

2 Comments:

Blogger atsao said...

While I respect your right to be angry and frustrated at a perceived injustice, I think (even you have to admit) that catch-all generations that the left doesn't care at all is a bit too much.

I actually supported most of the intentions of the Iraq War, but disagree with the plans laid out in Bush's SOTU address. Upping the military to December 2005 standards, is not going to cut it. We need to either increase our military presence there (a greater number suggested by other officials, generals, McCain) with a solid plan for future disembarkment OR if we do not have a real plan, must get the heck out of there and stop the maddening loss of human life. However, the relatively fence-sitting "surge" of Bush's doesn't convince me that's its enough to get the job done right (which leads me to think maybe the job shouldn't get done at all).

To introduce myself, I am a self-identified left-wing college student (yes, at a poisonously left college institute in California) who believes in evolution, the rights of sexual minorities, and separation of church and state.

I have commented on some of your other posts (currently November 2006) and just wanted to say that I post these comments not to be disrespectful but in the spirit of debate and discussion (I'm meeting a hardcore right friend in that spirit soon for coffee). And because you really need someone to comment on your blog, because addressing the audience when you have none is a bit sad (okay! that part was a bit disrespectful, joshing!).

6:51 AM

 
Blogger atsao said...

I post these semi stream-of-consciousness style, so excuse me for the grammatical and spelling errors of which I sadly can not go back and correct.

6:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home