A web journal committed to defend liberty, justice, and peace, by declaring the truth in love.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

9 December 2006

I have to confess that I am in a quandry. I am committing myself to help donate my time and ministry to the defense of Western civilization: to help return her to Christian faith and to uphold her institutions of democracy, liberty, and free markets against the enemies of Marxist humanism and, most presently, against Islamist fascism. And then, in my own church, I constantly find people making comments, in sermon comment time at church worship and on the pastor's webblog, that basically spend their time apologizing for everything Western. When I point out the fact that, on the overwhelming balance, the West is obviously uniquely Christian in its foundations (my God, we used to call ourselves Christendom--I still do), they point out the exceptions as if I said nothing at all. You can figure it out---the typical politically correct garbage that passes off for enlightenment and revisionist history.

I can't say it on the church's blog--the pastor gets oversensitive over the slightest reproof of one of his young people, no matter how justified--but here, I can let it rip! These people are just simply ignorant, ignorant, ignorant. We are on the verge of a global war for our very survival, and in what I believe is the house of God, young people just parrot the garbage their anti-Christian and pseudo-Christian parachurch ministry's leaders dish out on them, and act as if we can just embrace everything non-Western as somehow pure and wholesome. If, in their deluded minds, we just act ashamed of being Americans and Westerners and just smile sweetly at our poor benighted Third World brethren, we would somehow be in a new state of Christian purified consciousness, free of our evil racist ways.

Bull! Bull! Bull!

We. Are. At. WAR! And it's time to grow up.
I pray for the the comfort of the family of Jeanne Kirkpatrick, the now late former U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. She was Ronald Reagan's mouthpiece to that corrupt body, and a true warrior for freedom. Yet another of those who, is now in a home in heaven, which I long for a little more these days. I will leave with a quote from a speech she once made in the 1984 Republican Convention that still makes sense today, in the light of an America (including in my church) that seems ashamed to stand for itself.

The American people know that it's dangerous to blame ourselves for terrible problems that we did not cause.
They understand just as the distinguished French writer, Jean Francois Revel, understands the dangers of endless self- criticism and self-denigration.
He wrote: "Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself


Adios for now.

--Belisarius II--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home